Monday, May 18, 2009

I Heart Coffee

Morning, noon and night, I love a great cup of java. I guess my addition started back in high school where it was love at first sight. I was hooked, as the passion grew I started working in a cute little coffee shop where I learned the tricks of the trade.
So why the talk about java? Well, I can't stand the thought of paying over $4.00 for a latte or a yummy mocha frappuccino, my fav! So I'm going to tell you how to make them at home for a dollar or less.
Here is the secret....go buy one of these! An espresso maker.
They really are an investment that will save a ton of dough.
I believe they retail for around sixty dollars, so do the math....
Let's say you stop at your favorite coffee shop 3x a week at $4-5 a cup, you've spent $12-15. You'll have your handy dandy espresso maker payed off in a month!
These are fabulous , cheap too!


Battery Operated Hand Held Milk Frother

To make a iced mocha or blended drink you can make them one of two ways.
Make a couple cups of espresso pour into a measuring cup, add 3-4 tablespoons of coco powder, add sugar couple of tablespoons depends on how sweet you like it. Mix very well until all ingredients dissolve. Pour into ice cube trays, like so...

When the urge hits, pop a couple cubes into a blender along with a cup or so of milk. Now you have a delicious blended coffee.
Did you know you can buy flavor syrups at Starbucks for around $5.00 a bottle? Crazy, the same price as one cup of coffee and they even have the sugar free available. One time I was in Starbucks and a lady behind me was in awe of my purchase. She said, what are you going to do with that bottle of syrup? Me: Gonna go home and make my own..... You could tell the wheels were turning in her head as she replied: I'm going to get a bottle too.
Well I'm off to get some work done as I drink one of these......

No comments: